FOR EVALUATION OF EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIALS
Return the completed application (Application For Educational Credentials Evaluation) to International University Line with the following:
a) NOTARIZED PHOTOCOPIES OF ALL ACADEMIC RECORDS (See application
b) PERSONAL CHECK ON US BANK OR POSTAL MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO INTERNATIONAL
TYPES OF EVALUATION REPORTS
IUL provides 4 types of evaluation reports to meet needs of individuals and institutions requiring the evaluation:
2. Course-by-Course Report (Includes Grades):
3. Comprehensive with
Courses Equivalence Report
This report provides the same information as the Course-by-Course report. It also contains tables of equivalents for each course included in major requirements to the corresponding course in the U.S. university that has the similar major.
Used for: Continuation of Education, College or University admission, Employment, Immigration, Professional Certification/Licensing in some fields.
4. Education + Work
This report provides the same information as the Course-by-Course report for the years of education. It also includes evaluation of practical experience, which is substituted for academic education. This report is prepared in cases when a customer has not graduated from a college or a university but has sufficient practical experience in the field of his/her education.
Used for Employment, Immigration, and in special cases for Continuation of Education.
1. General Guidelines
2. Documentation for Diploma/Degree Equivalence
Notarized copies of all diplomas or certificates must accompany applications.
3. Documentation for
Course-by-Course and Comprehensive Reports
Applications must be accompanied by notarized copies of:
International University Line also specializes in translations of
documents from and into all major languages
and will translate, certify and notarize your documents for a fee of $60.00 per document.
1. Extra Copies: One original report is included in the evaluation fee. Additional original duplicate copies requested with the initial application cost $20.00 each. Each duplicate requested at a future date costs $35.00.
2 . Re-evaluation: Re-evaluations based on documents not submitted with the original request are considered new evaluations, and a second payment of the basic fee is required. When an applicant requests that a diploma/degree equivalent report be changed to a course-by-course, the fee of $120.00 is required.
3. Reassessment of Educational Equivalencies: Evaluations are based upon the best information and resources currently available to professional evaluators in the United States. International University Line reserves the right to reassess educational equivalencies as additional information becomes available.
4. From Comprehensive or Course-by-Course to Diploma/Degree Equivalent Report: If International University Line determines that a comprehensive or course-by-course evaluation report cannot be prepared, a Diploma/Degree Equivalent Report will be issued.
5. Verifications: International University Line reserves the right to verify documents with issuing institution(s) and/or request that a credential should be issued in English if the issuing institution prepares English language credentials. Additional cost for verification will be borne by the applicant with his/her prior permission.
6. Forged and Altered Documents: When it has been determined that any document submitted has been forged or altered in any way, the application will be canceled and no evaluation report will be prepared. The documents become the property of International University Line. All recipients indicated on the application form will be notified. No refund will be issued.
7. Refunds: Refunds are only issued if there has been an overpayment. No refunds will be issued after the application has been received.
8. International University Line reserves
the right to reject an application for evaluation.
COUNTRY EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Non-English speaking countries whose educational institutions issue English language credentials directly must submit records in English. For example: Denmark, Egypt, Finland, Iceland, Japan, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and Yemen.
Algeria/Morocco/Tunisia: Documents must be issued in French by the academic institution.
Commonwealth Countries: Academic records from teaching institutions and external examinations results issued by the examining authority.
Germany: Diplom/Prufungszeugnisse/Scheine and additional documentation (Studienplan, Prufungsordnung) or transcripts issued by the Faculty or Office of International Affairs indicating theoretical and practical hours for all subjects on a semester basis.
India/Pakistan/Bangladesh: Degree certificate(s) or provisional degree certificate(s) and all university-issued mark sheets, with syllabus indicating exact paper titles.
Latin America: Degree/Certificate (Titulo/Licenciado); transcripts (Certificado de Notas/Calificaciones) indicating all subjects studied, including grades and credits or hours of study.
People's Republic of China: Graduation and Degree certificates, including transcripts issued in Chinese by the academic institution.
Former USSR/New Independent Countries: Degree certificate and transcripts with mark sheets indicating theoretical and practical hours for all subjects. For Ph.D. equivalents: pre-degree external examinations results issued by the examining authority and copy of the official abstract of a thesis and at least two copies of scientific papers included in the list of references of this abstract. All documents have to have original seals of issuing institutions.
THE EVALUATION STANDARDS FOLLOWED ARE THOSE
BY THE UNITED STATES NATIONAL COUNCIL ON THE EVALUATION OF FOREIGN
In the preparation of evaluation reports, every effort is made to consult appropriate resources in order to provide the most accurate evaluations possible in relation to the applicant's request. Reference works consulted are listed on the evaluation.